Holy Moley – The Requirements of the various sectional “My Faith” Badges for the Group –
The Requirements of the Various Sectional “My Faith” Badges for the Group.
Alternatively, a Group Scout Leaders desperate search for Divine intervention.!
To gain this badge, Scouts must complete the requirements below:
- Take an active part at your place of worship. This might include, getting involved in community work, taking a special part in services or celebrations or following a training or study programme.
- Complete the following:
- Find out more about the origins of your faith and share what you found out with others in the Troop.
- Explore some aspect of the history of your faith at a local, national or international level. This could be done by learning about influential people or by visiting a shrine or other holy place.
- Be able to explain to an adult some of the teachings of your faith and how these affect the way you live your life.
To gain this badge, Cub Scouts must complete the following:
- Find out about your place of worship including something about each of the following:
- the people involved, their titles and what they do
- the important or sacred objects
- the festivals and customs
- the stories and traditions. These could be from books, videos or other sources.
- Choose a favorite religious song or hymn and sing it with other Cub Scouts. (You should explain to the Pack why you like it and what it means to you.)
- Choose a favourite prayer or reading and share it with the Pack at an appropriate occasion. (You may write the prayer and should explain to the Pack why you like it and what it means to you.)
To gain this badge, Beaver Scouts must complete the following:
- Write a prayer or reflection.
- Read or share a prayer at the opening or closing ceremony or some other time.
- Find and tell a story that relates to the Beaver Scout Promise.
- Visit a place of worship and show evidence of your visit with photographs, drawings, handouts, leaflets or information sheets.
Under item 3, it would be appropriate to use a book specifically written for 6-8 year olds that contains either religious or moral stories that relate to the Promise.
FOR THE WHOLE GROUP
To gain this award, the young person must complete the following requirements:
- Identify a partner and a project or activity that relates to the faith area.
- Together with those involved, set objectives for what you wish to achieve and plan the project.
- Take part and successfully complete the joint activity.
- Assess the benefits to those involved.
- Award the Partnership Award to those Members taking part.
To Follow Badge spreadsheet with Parts Completed..!!